For Dashboards, Banner Boxes, Announcements, etc.
Catapult K12’s policy is to use only paid-for/licensed royalty-free images on all website and APP design templates and content elements. Any images added to the website or APP after launch are the responsibility of the client.
We recommend that our clients use high-quality images created especially for their district and schools, but we recognize that this is not always possible. Following are some suggestions for finding free stock images online.
The following websites offer free images for schools, with a copyright license for unlimited use. However, they do not guarantee copyright for identifiable people, logos or brands in the photos.
Catapult K12 recommends that clients use only stock photos without identifiable people, logos, brands, etc. or images cropped to eliminate these identities.
Good search terms:
- School buildings
- School bus
- School books
- School kids
FREE IMAGES FOR SCHOOLS
- License: https://www.pexels.com/terms-of-service/ Section 5
- All photos and videos on Pexels are free to use.
- Attribution is not required. Giving credit to the photographer or Pexels is not necessary but appreciated.
- You can modify the photos and videos from Pexels.
- License: https://www.pics4learning.com/about.php
- Pics4Learning is a safe, free image library for schools. Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos and images for classrooms, multimedia projects, web sites, videos, portfolios, or any other project in an educational setting.
- License: https://pixabay.com/service/terms/
- Under the Pixabay License you are granted an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty free right to use, download, copy, modify or adapt the Content for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- Attribution of the photographer, videographer, musician or Pixabay is not required but is always appreciated.
- Items in the Content, such as identifiable people, logos, brands, audio samples etc. may be subject to additional copyrights, property rights, privacy rights, trademarks etc. and may require the consent of a third party or the license of these rights - particularly for commercial applications. Pixabay does not represent or warrant that such consents or licenses have been obtained, and expressly disclaims any liability in this respect.
- License: https://unsplash.com/license
- Unsplash grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash.