The Parent Emergency Communication System (PECS) lets you easily contact parents during an emergency within CatapultEMS.
- Log in to CatapultEMS using a District Safety Team account. A Site Safety Team account may also send messages to parents if permitted by your district.
- From the District Command Center (or site dashboard if permitted by your district), choose Parent Emergency Communication System.
Note: PECS is only available during an Action Alert (code red).
- Select the site(s) that you would like to contact. You can select multiple sites at once.
- Choose your communication channels.
- Email: Send an email with basic text formattings like bold, italic, paragraphs, and lists. If contacts have languages specified, we automatically translate.
- Text: Send a text message to cell phones. If contacts have languages specified, we automatically translate.
- Website: Post an update to your school site if you use CatapultCMS. No automatic translation.
- Pop-up: Generate a pop-up with an emergency update on the homepage.
- Announcement Feed: Post information about the emergency to the announcement feeds.
- Parent App: Notify parents via the mobile parent app if you use Catapult District Branded App (https://www.catapultk12.com/k12-app/)
- Emergency Website: Post to your emergency website for families to visit for updates and emergency resources.
- Facebook: Post to your school page on Facebook. No automatic translation.
- Twitter: Post to your school Twitter account. No automatic translation.
- Compose the message.
- Subject: title of the communication. If being sent via text, the subject is included in the text message.
- Script: If a pre-written script is available, select it from the dropdown and the script will fill the content area and subject field.
- Message: Compose the message you would like to send. All standard features of a text editor are available
- Select Send Message.
Note: Previously sent message history is available at the site level.
Having Issues with PECS? Contact Support.
CatapultEMS Parent Emergency Communication System is available as an add-on feature. Contact your Customer Success Manager to enable this feature.